Warm Welcome to the
2nd HERALD.ECI Workshop
with hands-on training for “bonding HERALD.ECIs from ideas to proposals”
March 01-02, 2018
ICMAB (Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona)
Campus de la UAB, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
The 2nd HERALD.ECI Workshop is organized by:
- Mariona Coll & Jaume Gazquez, Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona;
- Maximilian Gebhard, Ruhr-University Bochum; and
- Marcel Junige, Technische Universität Dresden.
The main objective of this 2nd HERALD.ECI Workshop with hands-on training is to
create an ignition point for competitive proposals resulting in joint, EU-funded research projects
under ECI (early career investigator) participation or leadership.
We want the trainees to
- gain advanced ‘theoretical’ knowledge input on how to write competitive proposals & manage EU-funded projects from an EU funding expert & Horizon 2020 coach through an impulse talk plus interactive proposal clinics.
- find excellent, perfectly matching collaboration/ project partners during a welcome mixer.
- exchange experiences with an excellent (female) ALD expert and with an industry partner.
- transfer the newly gained knowledge into advanced ‘practical’ skills by
developing joint proposal ideas,
transitioning specific ideas into concrete proposal drafts, and
starting to write
together in smaller, matched collaboration/ project groups.
- go home with a raw outline and concrete idea description, i. e. the first step of an actual proposal.
The complete Agenda in all detail will be updated here soon.
The online registration is now open until February 15, 2018.
Full registration provides access to all workshop sessions and also includes catering.
It is intended for HERALD.ECI network members only.
The number of full HERALD.ECI participants is limited to 25.
Guest registration provides access to the open sessions only and does not include catering.
It is open for everyone associated with ALD research, HERALD, or ICMAB, etc.
The number of guest participants is limited to 40.
COST Travel Grants
COST Travel Grants will be given on a first-come-first-serve basis to 10 trainees from ITCs (inclusiveness target countries);
i. e. Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey.
HERALD (Hooking together European Research in Atomic Layer Deposition)
COST Action MP1402 – HERALD aims to structure and integrate European research activity in ALD (Atomic Layer Deposition), bringing together existing groups, promoting young scientists and reaching out to industry and the public.
If you want to join HERALD, please sign up here.
ECI (early career investigator)
Within HERALD, the ECI network aims to promote the next generation of young ALD scientists and help to establish themselves as research leaders in the ALD community.
If you want to become a member of the HERALD.ECI network, please contact the ECI committee at email@example.com and join our HERALD.ECI group on LinkedIn. Broadening out the COST definition of ECI, we welcome investigators from within a year of submitting their PhD dissertation to PhD +10 years.